KYDEX® 6185 - High Temperature Aircraft Sheet
A proprietary thermoplastic sheet with improved heat distortion temperature (HDT) for higher in-service temperatures while providing excellent service qualities.
KYDEX® 6185 is a proprietary thermoplastic sheet with improved heat distortion temperature (HDT) for higher in-service temperatures while providing excellent extensibility, good impact resistance and excellent solvent resistance.
KYDEX® 6185 meets FAR 25.853 (a) for use in aircraft interior parts. Maximum recommended service temperature is approximately 85 - 90°C (185 - 190°F) depending on thermoforming technique and application.
- Aircraft Interiors
- Equipment Housings
- available in thicknesses from 1.00mm (0.040") and up and in eight distinctive textures and custom colors
- meets the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration FAR 25.853 (a) in all thicknesses for vertical burn
- heat distortion temperature (HDT) is 85°C (185°F) unannealed at 1.8 MPa (264 psi) and a high 90°C (195°F) after annealing
- excellent forming properties, uniform wall thickness and crisp detail
- easy machining and fabricating using conventional methods and equipment
- endorsed by the Royal Institute of Public Health for conformance to the standard of Hygienic Merit
Part Made with KYDEX® 6185